We are a group of people with extensive and eclectic expertise in education, coaching, community work and therapeutic practice. We share a set of values and our main purpose in working together is to contribute to a healthy and exciting future.
Our vision. As an organisation, Naming Elephants works to catalyse change in society by promoting, developing and improving opportunity, highly effective learning and sustainable well-being.
Our organisation. Naming Elephants is a Social Enterprise Company, which means that any profits generated are used to further the work of the organisation.
Our core belief. We believe that individuals can only be fulfilled, well, happy and effective when their physical, emotional and social needs are met well, and in balance – and when those individuals’ innate skills, abilities and potentials are fully harnessed in meeting those needs. When needs are not well met, emotional health and well-being is compromised for the individual, with potential harm to families, schools, workplaces, communities and society generally. Any group or community is of course comprised of individuals; it follows then that groups, families or organisations may also have a ‘collective’ or shared lack of well-met needs that can give rise to collective dysfunction.
Our values. We work to catalyse positive change and growth by:
- enabling successful independence and inter-dependence – for individuals and ‘communities’ of every description
- sharing our love of learning and passionate curiosity for what makes effective learning
- empowering and enabling individuals, groups and organisations – ‘communities’ of all types – to bring about purposeful change for themselves
- promoting social inclusion and social justice
- demonstrating respect for diversity and equality
- giving those with whom (and for whom) we work unconditional positive regard, taking care to separate the individual from their behaviour
- offering dignity to those in need
- recognising the need to protect and care for the most vulnerable
- modelling these values in all that we do